One pound at a time!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 18, 2011

skinnnny jeans

Let me preface: When the skinny jean trend came out, I was completely against it! I told my self I would NEVER own a pair of them, they were just horrific. Plus, I feel like only certain people can pull off "the look" and rock them. Guys should NEVER be seen wearing skinny jeans. As the trend grew and they became more mainstream, I think I accepted them a little bit more, but still never wanted a pair of them. I just couldn't see my self wearing them.

Well I guess this is a never say never kind of lesson. As I was browsing online the other day, (I work reallly early mornings 4am, so I have a little bit of time first thing to look browse) I saw a coupon for 20% off American Eagle. I love that store- but just havent been able to fit into anything from there for a while... they cater to smaller sizes. So I was looking in their clearance ( which usually consist if size 00's and 1's because it's what they have left) But they actually had a size I was willing to give a try.

I did it. I ordered them. They were a good price, and I wanted to try them out. I think my husband may disown me...he still hasnt caught the skinny jean craze and he thought I was crazy. They came in the mail yesterday!! Of course I was out for the day, so colin texted me saying they had come. I couldn't WAIT to get home to try them out. Of course my expectations weren't too high. First of all, they were skinny jeans. Secondly they were in a size I probably wouldn't be able to fit into yet. I kind of ordered them blindly just hoping that I might be able to wear them someday.

Well guys- the moment of truth has come. I tried them on, they fit, i think I like them! They are tight. I think it will take a little bit of getting used to...and maybe a little while before I step out in public with them, but this is huge coming from a girl who vowed never to own skinny jeans. I asked my friends on FB opinion's about them and the general consensus was that most people LOVED them. Who knew!?

The best part? They are a size 12! I know that's not super skinny, but coming from a 16...that's a big deal. Not to mention I am tall so I will never be a size 4...I am happy! Before I got married and was in really good shape I was around a size 8-10. That's my good size. I am soo close I can feel it. It feels good. Since I have started this helathy eating/ working out thing in april I have lost a total of 27lbs. I am loving the way my body feels, the way I feel emotionally. I am about 20 lbs away from my goal weight, and I know I'll get there! I think at the end of this I will post my "before" from 27 lbs ago...and then now. I do love seeing the progress! And I am the proud owner of SKINNY JEANS! eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment