One pound at a time!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

G.O.A.L.S


I think to be successful in anything, you have to set goals. In this case for me...it's weight loss goals. I like to have my long term goals and my short term goals. I feel like the battle of losing weight is so overwhelming. Especially if you have a lot to lose. When I first started losing weight I didn't like to think of the WHOLE amount I had to lose. It became very discouraging... and almost always the first thing that popped into my head was that it was impossible.

Then I started working out, and losing 1 pound at a time, and I find that as I just take it pound for pound, day by day it is SO much easier for me. I don't have to look at the big picture but rather just what I am doing for that particular day!

I know probably many of you guys have come to that conclusio
n a long time ago, but for me it was so mentally liberating! To me, it really is a mental battle...sometimes more than a physical battle. I feel like if I eat one bad thing in a day i'm doomed. I might as well just give up for that day. Or, wait until MONDAY to try again! The everyday choices....to work out? or not to work out? what to eat? why did the scale not move? But the more you do it...the more you see results, and that is motivation!! So that is why i have to have my short term goals...little things to reward myself with when i hit a certain milestone. One Pound at a Time!! :)

Here's my cheesy Acrostic poem!



G-et out of the house and workout
O-nly put healthy foods into my body
A-llow myself occasional treats, so I don't go completely overboard! (key for me) if I feel deprived, I WILL fall off the wagon
L-ook for ways to add variety to food (recipes) and workouts
S-tay on track...an occasional slip won't defeat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment