One pound at a time!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, July 10, 2011

MONDAY, Monday, monday....

Why is it, that with every new thing that I start always has to be on a monday. Of course it would be illogical to start anything on a wed, thur, or even the weekend. There's just somethin
g about that fresh day...the start of the week. It gives you the whole week to accomplish that thing which you set out to do, "starting monday."

My husband teases me about this quite often. Mostly pertaining to weight loss and working out. He just doesn't get it, while I try to explain the best I can to him that you just don't start anything this monumental in the middle of the week! It's a mindset I put myself into...like, I have the whole weekend to eat what I want an
d then I will start fresh monday. You can't just say one day you're going to do something, and then actually follow through. Who does that !?
Where's the preparation!? (apparently I'm just a glorified procrastinator...but we've all been there right?)

That is why I am sooo glad this competition is starting on a Monday. I have no excuse. Really. I have had all weekend to prepare, eat, and have fun. And Colin laughs! But what he doesn't know it the mental clarity this gives me to be starting fresh, renewed, and ready to take on the challenge. Not only to make me a healthier weight, but also have more energy for my family. Especially more energy to our relationship. I think he will appreciate the change, and come to see the value of "starting on a Monday."

I guess the more I think about monday's, the less I am convinced that they are so great. School always started on monday. Work always starts on the dreaded monday. In the Netherlands and according to wikipedia Monday is the most common day to commit suicide. (weird) I gue
ss I am digressing. The whole point is, I guess I can see my husbands point of view when he said that if you always wait until monday to start something it will never happen. I can appreciate that, but no matter what happens... I will always start working out and eating healthy on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment