One pound at a time!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My little Cheerleader(s)

For me, it is so important to have a good support group in place when working out. It helps me stay accountable, motivated, and on the right track. I understand that we don't always get the support we need from home, or from friends....which can make this whole "working out and eating healthy" quite tough! Trust me... I understand!! My husband is lean, and can eat about anything which is awesome for him, but way detrimental to me. He doesn't need to watch what he eats, which makes it tough. Luckily, I have a sister who has some of the same goals... but for the most part, I have had to get my support from different sources! Probably the CUTEST source I have is miss may! GO MOM!
"Wow...this cheering thing is tough...I need to take a small water break"

Trust me, this is not how her face looks when I drop her off at the gym kids club.... which makes it 100% harder.

So, for my biggest support group i use a site called "My Fitness Pal" (www.myfitnesspal.com)
I LOVE this site. I can't even tell you the impact it has had on me. I tra
ck my calories there. For some, this may be a daunting task...and at the beginning for me it was.... I don't track every day 100%..but it has definitley made me more aware of what I am putting into my body and the nutritional breakdown of each item. Besides the calorie counting, I have made countless friends on that site. They offer tremendous support. Many of them have the same weight loss goals or work out goals. Sometimes, I find myself checking MFP more than facebook! :) You can read (and see pics) of success stories....which is a HUGE motivating thing. To actually see real people like me, experiencing success. The people on MFP are the most positive, encouraging, group of people!! Seriously check it out. I can't even name the amount of time I have been picked back up when I have been feeling defeated. If you do join MFP....add me as a friend :) I will be your number one fan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment